Many digital marketing entrepreneurs will tell you that often when people ask them what they do for a living and after explaining to them their work in digital marketing the inquisitor’s follow-up question is ‘So basically you play on Facebook, upload pictures on Instagram, and tweet on the Twitter?’
With many entrepreneurs still refusing to acknowledge social media platforms as one of the most influential and legitimate channels and tools for marketing, they are failing to realize that digital marketing offers one of the most measurable values in marketing compared to traditional methods. Instead of considering digital marketing as fluff and noise, it is time to take up the digital marketing business seriously. If you don’t you are missing out on one low-cost campaign opportunity that offers much better ROI (Return on Investment) than traditional marketing methods.
There are several reasons that Digital Marketing Business should be taken by business owners as well as by would-be entrepreneurs.
- Level Playing Field: Whether it is a small or a medium-size business online marketing business offers a level field in competition to attract your share of the target audience. Online marketing allows even small businesses to avail the same resources that once upon a time only large corporations could access.
- Affordable Lead Generation: The time is gone when people used to go to stores to see an expert’s advice or seek referrals from neighbours. The Internet has changed the scenario. People now look for reviews, recommendation and even pricing online, irrespective of the consumer or the industry. Try to find all their answers in Google. So take advantage of this by either answering the questions on the FAQ page of your website or in your company’s blog.As per Tech Client, any company website that features blogs on a regular basis has a 43 percent higher chance of a ranking on search engines. HubSpot reported that any website uses blogging as part of their content marketing strategy received 67 percent more leads compared to companies who didn’t.
- Social Media Marketing Adds Value: Often business owners ask whether social media marketing is a legitimate way of generating leads? According to Forrester data, the social media marketing business is more than generating leads. It adds value to customer experiences. Often the stock price of a brand is seen to rise when a brand can establish a relationship with the customer and enhance the customer experience.Social media allows you to interact with the customers on a regular basis and enables you to improve the customer experience. The Internet has the ability to spread booth both positive and negative experiences of the customers at a high-speed. With online marketing, you can improve the customer experience by reviewing the online review and social media sites. This will allow you to scale your business too.
- Caters to One and All: Social media is often considered for the young and hip people, rather the millennials. But the reality is we are now in a world that has already been digitized and so online marketing your business is the best option to bring in the traffic. But as a Digital Marketing entrepreneur, you have to have a marketing strategy that is cohesive.Your social media presence, website, user experience, customer experience, all should be in harmony that can help in a successful inbound marketing plan. With digital marketing, you can have more than one buyer persona for your business. By choosing the correct social media platform and strategy to engage with people you can have a dynamic personality for your business, attracting versatile demography.
- Freedom: Digital Marketing Business is one such area that allows you the freedom to work from anywhere, anytime, without the constraints of location. So think of your passion, identify the gap in the market and see if that passion of your fills that gap. A digital entrepreneur coach will help you to know the ropes of online marketing business and you can get the freedom from your 9-5 job, have the option of spending more quality time with your family and friends while enjoying the work you do.
It’s time for you to consider the digital marketing business seriously whether you are already an entrepreneur or planning to become one. It offers you an array of options with the best ROI.